Saturday 5 March 2011

London Fashion Weekend

Last week, I went to London Fashion Weekend with James. We saw the Fashion Weekend catwalk, where a lady summarises the 'key trends' for you, and then there's a little catwalk section that illustrates this.



I think this is the 'Black Swan' trend. I like Aranofsky, wasn't a huge fan of the movie though.



Bora Aksu catwalk bit.Link
In between they explain the hair and makeup trends to you. These hair and makeup trends, they rotate just enough to distract you.



The 'brights' trend, and



Mark Fast, designer of tight knitted things.



Final model walkout.
Add Image
London Fashion Weekend is good for getting really good basic accessories, like hats, and nice items of clothing that are a bit different to what's in the shops, and at a much better price than they normally would be.

I got a Lowie hat and a dress with lovely fabric, by corey lynn calter. The Lowie hat is ethical, handmade, bright green and ten pounds.



Thumb!



It's silky. It's not flawless: I'll have to wear a slip under it and it's too thin for right now, possibly in the near future when it warms up a bit.

On Tuesday I made this:

It's not fancy, it's really easy and I used a pasta sauce.



We like the Paul Newman pasta sauce.



Proceeds go to charity!

I have some butternut squash in the freezer, and roasted some of that, as well as some unpeeled garlic cloves. After roasting I popped out the garlic cloves into the pasta and mixed the squash in. I also added little cubes of Comte cheese while the pasta was simmering. I got it from Sourced Market at St Pancras station, they get theirs from Neal's Yard Dairy.



Also in the background is my beautiful Mexican oilcloth tablecloth.

This cheese, it's great, but I think the Comte cheese that I'd got from Borough Market is better. The thing is, most Saturdays I like waking up late and chilling, or I have other things to do, so is a bit of a hassle. I'm not sure what the stall's called either, I just kind of wander around tasting all the cheese until I get to the right one.

It was a flavourful pasta dish but not very colourful, most of the ingredients are yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment