Monday 14 March 2011

Cat: Pudu Lord

We took the cat down to the vet to have her scanned for a microchip - she's chipless and, therefore, ours. We'll have to tell the landlord about her and continue trying to track her owner - she's a lovely cat and extremely well trained. She's toilet trained, waits outside the bedroom door and returns to us when we put her out, instead of where she came from. Possibly, she currently cannot return to her previous location.

She's taken to waiting outside the bathroom for me in the morning, while I get ready for work, and yesterday, when I was taking a bath. I was initially wary of allowing her into the bathroom, but I do leave the door open and let her walk in while I'm getting ready in the morning. She only really just wants to sit quietly and watch me brush my teeth, doesn't get into anything potentially toxic like nail polish and soap etc., and I can supervise her while I'm there.

Her name is Pudu Lord. She'll eat the Felix pouches but not Whiskas. The cans are cheaper and I've thought about getting Felix cans, but the pouches are easier to open and we'll need to store half-opened cans in the kitchen, which will then smell like cat food.



She has a game, a pounce game. In this game she pounces on the catnip mouse and runs away, into the kitchen. You follow her in the kitchen with the catnip mouse, show her the mouse and run with it. She'll follow you. You then throw the mouse somewhere and she'll pounce on it. Once I threw the mouse out the living room door into the hallway but she didn't pounce it. I wondered what was going on and checked cautiously: I could see her hiding behind the wall:


Map

She was crouched in her pouncing position and was waiting to pounce: me! I didn't leave the room. Yes it was kinda creepy. Cute, but creepy.

I must have taken too long, because eventually she just ran into the room and pounced me. She missed - pouncing on the ground just in front of me with her crazy hunting face. I hope it was a deliberate miss, and she hadn't just misjudged my distance, and is plotting to do better next time.

Aww. Cat <3

Sometimes she likes to snuggle her head against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment